6 to 8 servings
- 1 package unflavoured gelatin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cold water
- 1 container (237 mL) Dairy blend for Cooking 5% M.F. Québon Ultra’Cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen berries, thawed
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Whipping Cream, whipped until firm peaks are formed
- Berries and whipped cream for decoration
- Lightly oil a 4 cup Bavarian cake pan or a decorative mould.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water. Set aside.
- Heat the 5% M.F. cream in a saucepan. Set aside.
- Whip the egg yolks with the sugar until mixture whitens. Then, add the heated cream while whipping.
- Put the mixture in a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatin until it is dissolved. Let cool.
- Purée the fruit in an electric blender or food processor.
- Finely strain the purée, then add the chilled egg mixture.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream with a spatula.
- Pour into a mould, cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or until the mixture is set.
- Quickly run cold water over the mould or pan to unmould the Bavarian onto a serving plate. Decorate with berries and whipped cream if desired.