Frosty strawberry mousse recipe. A light and sweet dessert made with Quebec's delicious strawberries. Can be served in cups made of citrus hollowed out.
8 to 16 servings
- 1 pint box of strawberries, about 3/4 lb (350g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 2 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 container (237 mL) 35% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Country Style Cream
- 6 lemons or 4 oranges, scooped out, or
- 8 small dessert glasses
- Wash and stem strawberries.
- Cut in half and place in blender jar
- Add 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar and purée.
- Set purée aside. In a large, cold bowl, beat egg whites with 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar until firm peaks form.
- In another bowl, whip cream with remaining sugar.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold purée into egg whites, then fold in cream.
- Fill selected containers with mousse, placing them on a cookie sheet.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours.
If you use lemons or oranges as containers, cut off a thin slice at each end to make a stable base. Then cut fruit in half and scoop out each half with a grapefruit spoon.