- 2 1/4 cups (560 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) allspice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) pureed pumpkin or pumpkin pie filling
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) 10% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Coffee Cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup ( 180 mL) softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Whipping Cream
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) icing sugar
- Prepare 8 pumpkins by cutting off and removing tops.
- Scoop out seeds and fibre and discard.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). In a bowl, mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, blend pureed pumpkin with the coffee cream and the vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric beater, adding the eggs one at a time. Beat well.
- Add dry ingredients and pumpkin mixture alternately to butter mixture until well blended.
- Pour approximately 2/3 cup (150 mL) of batter into each pumpkin.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Mix whipping cream and icing sugar in a bowl.
- Drizzle glaze over each cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Microwave method (1,000 watts). Cook one pumpkin at a time at maximum power for 4 to 5 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.