Quick and easy chicken and asparagus recipe with his creamy sauce. A tasty recipe to spend your remaining cream!
- 10 oz (300 g) fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, divided
- 375 g (3/4 lb) boneless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, cut in strips
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 237 mL (1 container) 35% M.F. Québon Ultra’Cream Cooking Cream
- 250 mL (1 cup) chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut asparagus into 2.5 cm (1”) pieces. Blanch in boiling water 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the chicken in half of the butter. Remove from pan.
- Add onions, garlic, red pepper and remaining butter to skillet. Cook, stirring until tender - about 10 minutes.
- Whisk flour, cream and broth together until smooth. Pour into pan and cook, stirring until smoothly thickened.
- Add chicken and asparagus; heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve over cooked rice or pasta.