Sweet and spicy pear and spice cake recipe. Topped with a delicious homemade maple cream, this cake will have you hooked from breakfast to dessert.
- 1 3/4 cup (430 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1.5 mL) nutmeg
- 3 pears
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup (310 mL) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) apple juice
- 1 container (237 mL) 35% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Country Style Cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F)
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients and spices.
- Peel and grate the pears and toss with the lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream the butter with the brown sugar, add the egg and beat until smooth.
- Add the grated pear mixture and blend well, then the dry ingredients alternately with the apple juice.
- Bake in the oven in a buttered and floured (4” x 9”) loaf pan for approximately 1 hour. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the cream and maple sugar. Before serving, garnish the cake with maple cream.