A Rougemont country-style custard tart recipe made with Québon country cream, apple brandy, real apples and pears. This dessert is even better served with vanilla ice cream.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 container (237 mL) 35% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Country Style Cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Calijo de Rougemont apple brandy
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 layer of shortcrust French pie pastry
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 ripe pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix egg yolks with the cream, Calijo, sugar and cinnamon. Place aside.
- Place the layer of French pie pastry in a 23 cm (9”) fluted edge pie plate with a removable bottom.
- Place the slices of fruit in a circular pattern on the pastry, alternating and overlapping pear and apple slices.
- Pour the egg mixture all over.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, then continue baking for 20 minutes at 160° C (325° F). Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.