Blueberry French toast recipe. Perfectly crispy and fluffy for breakfast or as a dessert.
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- 12 slices bread
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh blueberries
- 5 eggs
- 1 container (237 mL) 35% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Cooking Cream
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Lay 1/3 of this mixture evenly in bottom of a 33 cm x 23 cm (13“ x 9“) baking pan. Cover with 6 slices of bread and another 1/3 of sugar mixture.
- Scatter berries on top. Put remaining bread on berries and cover with remaining sugar mixture.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, 35 % M.F. Québon Ultra'cream Cooking Cream, milk and salt. Pour evenly over bread; press down lightly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 180º C (350º F) for 40 to 45 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve warm with maple syrup.
The blueberries can be substituted for peaches, apples or raspberries.