A recipe of Atlantic Salmon Steaks with their fennel and olives cream salsa. Deliciously fresh and perfect for serving with fresh herbs rice and vegetables.
- 4 Atlantic salmon steaks, approximately 6 oz (180 g) each
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dry white wine
Fennel and Olive Cream Salsa
- 1 cup (250 mL) fennel bulbs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) flesh of an orange, cut into small cubes
- 10 green olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) capers, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) orange juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fine fennel leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 150° C (300° F).
- Season the salmon steaks.
- In a pan, melt butter in oil and cook steaks for 2 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with white wine and place in oven 3 to 4 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the salsa.
- In a bowl, mix all the salsa ingredients except the cream. Gently add the cream and season to taste.
- Serve the salmon steaks on a bed of fennel and top with the olive cream salsa.
- Serve with fresh herb rice and vegetables.