- 1 container (237 mL) 35% M.F. Québon Ultra’Cream Cooking Cream
- 3/4 tsp (3.5 mL) freshly ground cumin seeds
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon, finely grated
- 1 pinch Espelette or cayenne pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mini pitas
- Cherry tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, hummus, tahini sauce, mayonnaise, etc.
- In a large freezer bag (such as Ziploc) or in a large bowl, combine cream, cumin, garlic, lemon juice and zest, and hot pepper.
- Add cubed chicken, mixing well.
- Seal bag or cover bowl and marinate in refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
- Drain chicken and thread on skewers.
- Lightly oil grill and heat barbecue to high.
- Salt and pepper kebabs to taste. Grill over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve chicken on pita with your choice of toppings.
Piment d’Espelette is a hot, ground red pepper from the Basque region, available in many fine food shops.