Apple pastry baluchon recipe. A sweet and creamy dessert that could replace the traditional apple pie with ice cream !
- 1 package of puff pastry (400 g)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Country Style cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 5% or 10% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Coffee Cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) apple liqueur (optional)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 4 or 5 Yellow Delicious apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2 inch (1 cm) slices
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) additional sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C (400° F).
- Roll the puff pastry to form 12 4” (10 cm) squares.
- Place each square in a muffin tin and press the pastry to cover the bottoms and sides, leaving the four corners over the edges. Refrigerate.
- In a bowl, whip together eggs, sugar, two creams, apple liqueur, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a skillet, melt the butter on medium-high heat and cook the apples with the additional sugar until golden. Let cool. Divide the apples among the puff pastry squares. Pour the cream mixture over the apples.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the pastry is golden. Let cool slightly and serve with a touch of whipped cream, if desired.