A summer recipe of green salad with fresh raspberries topped with a creamy dressing made of real cream.
- 3/4 lb (360 g) baby spinach
- 1 or 2 heads Boston lettuce, washed, spun dry and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) fresh mint, chervil or parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 to 1 cup (175 to 250 mL) 15% M.F. Québon Ultra’Cream Country Style Cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 1 basket of fresh raspberries
- In a large salad bowl, combine baby spinach, Boston lettuce, shallots and herbs.
- Salt and pepper generously and toss.
- Add cream and maple syrup and toss again.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Gently fold in raspberries. Serve immediately.
This salad can be served as an appetizer. It also makes an excellent side dish, especially with grilled chicken, veal or pork tenderloin, or veal liver.