This avocado and spicy shrimp salad is, served hot or cold, delicious and easy to make. This recipe will charm your guests during your summer evenings!
- 2 ripened avocados, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% M.F. Québon Ultra’Cream Whipping Cream
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Québon
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) curry powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cayenne pepper
- 20 medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Carefully remove flesh of the avocados, setting shells aside for presentation purposes. Dice the flesh and place cubes in bowl.
- Mix whipped cream with lemon zest and fresh coriander. Season and set aside.
- In a pan, heat butter and oil with spices over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook on high heat for 3 minutes each side. Add lemon juice, season, and add to avocado mixture. Mix well.
- Divide among the shells and set on plates. Top with one or two spoonfuls of cream, if desired. Serve hot or cold.