Crème brûlée with strawberries macerated in Mistelle de Fraise recipe. A classic revisited with a fruity touch and made of real cream.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed, stems removed and quartered (set aside 4 whole strawberries as garnish)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Mistelle de fraise or other strawberry liqueur
- 1 container (237 mL) 5% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Cream & Milk Blend for Coffee
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Cooking Cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- Fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 120° C (250° F).
- Place 4 ramekins in a roasting pan.
- In a bowl, stir strawberries with Mistelle and let stand to macerate for 15 minutes; drain juice into a bowl and save.
- In a saucepan, bring 5% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Cream & Milk Blend for Coffee to a boil, then cool for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whip yolks with sugar and 35% M.F. Québon Ultra'cream Cooking Cream. Add cooled 5% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Cream & Milk Blend for Coffee, vanilla, and strawberry juice, stirring until well combined.
- Evenly divide strawberries among ramekins and spoon cream mixture on top.
- Pour hot water into roasting pan halfway up sides of ramekins and bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- At serving time, sprinkle brown sugar on top and caramelize under the broiler for a few minutes, watching carefully.
- Garnish each serving with a sprig of mint and a strawberry and serve immediately.