A delicious recipe of stuffed homegrown potatoes with ground veal from Charlevoix. Garnished with cheese and a creamy mix, this comforting recipe is served as an accompaniment or as a meal with a salad!
- 4 large baked potatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1/2 lb (250 g) ground Charlevoix veal
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach, chopped
- 1 container (237 mL) 15% M.F. Québon Ultra’Cream Country Style Cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 5.5 oz (150 g) Britannia cheddar cheese (3 years old), grated
- Cut a lid off baked potatoes and scoop out potato into a big bowl, leaving skin intact. Set skins aside.
- Heat butter in a frying pan and cook veal, stirring until cooked through and browned. Remove from pan and add to potato in bowl.
- Add garlic, onion and tomato to frying pan and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook until wilted. Add to potato mixture.
- Stir cream into potato mixture and salt and pepper to taste. Stuff into shells, sprinkle with cheese and bake at 180°C (350°F) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Brown under broiler if desired.