Want a refreshing appetizer for those hot summer days ? Try this gaspacho Niçois with chives recipe. A delicious soup filled with fresh vegetables, mint and a touch of cream !
- 3 slices soft bread, crusts removed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 each: medium onion, seeded cucumber, yellow sweet pepper, all finely diced
- 12 black olives, chopped
- 2 pinches each: paprika and ground marjoram
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 pinch cayenne
- To taste: salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups (500 ml) tomato juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) tomato paste
- 1 cup (250 ml) cold water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) 15% Ultra’Cream Country Style Cream
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chives, finely chopped
- In a blender or food processor, purée bread, garlic, wine vinegar and olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine purée, diced tomatoes, onion, cucumber, half the pepper, olives, paprika, marjoram, mint leaves, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Stir in tomato juice, tomato paste and water; stir well and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- At serving time, add cream; stir well and pour into bowls.
- Garnish with remaining peppers and chives.
- Serve very cold with garlic croutons.