This Swiss Cheese and Bacon Scalloped Potatoes recipe is a salty, delicious and creamy side dish.
- 2 lbs (1 kg) potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (500 mL) 15% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Cooking Cream, heated
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes.
- Combine onion, cheese, bacon, flour, salt and pepper.
- Layer one third of the potatoes in a buttered 2L (8 cup) casserole.
- Sprinkle one third of the cheese mixture on top. Repeat layering twice.
- Pour hot cream on top.
- Cover and bake at 180 º C (350 º F) for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Try other cheeses such as Cheddar, Gruyère, Edam or Provolone.