Warm Asparagus Salad, Creamy Parmesan Dressing
- Preparation time
- Baking time
- 20 medium asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 5% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Dairy Blend for Cooking
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups (750 mL) baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) thinly sliced toasted almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat.
- Coat the asparagus with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill on the barbecue until they are tender.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the garlic and sweat 1 minute over medium heat.
- Deglaze with the vinegar, add the mustard and reduce until almost dry.
- Add the dairy blend and Parmesan. Bring to a boil. Let cool 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
- Place the asparagus on the spinach. Add the creamy dressing. Garnish with almonds. Add pepper.