Two Tomato Rosé Sauce for Pasta
- Preparation time
- Baking time
4 to 6 servings
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes with Italian spices
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) hot chilies, crushed
- 1 cup (237 mL) 15% M.F. Québon Ultra’Cream Cooking Cream
- 1 lb (500 g) penne, cooked
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a casserole, heat oil and cook shallots, garlic and dried tomatoes for 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine, reduce 3 minutes and add diced tomatoes, bay leaves and crushed hot chillies. Simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves.
- If desired, use an electric mixer to obtain a smoother sauce.
- Serve the sauce on hot pasta and garnish with basil and fresh Parmesan.