- Preparation time
- Baking time
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) buttermilk
- 2 cups (500 mL) each blueberries and sliced strawberries
- 1 3/4 cups (430 mL) Ultra’cream Whipping Cream
- 1-2 tbsp (15-30 mL) maple syrup
- Combine first 6 ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add buttermilk, stirring until moistened.
- Spread dough in greased 20 cm (8“) square pan.
- Bake at 200º C (400º F) for 17 to 23 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- Combine berries and maple syrup. Whip cream to stiff peaks.
- Cut cake into 6 rectangles. Cut each in half.
- Spoon berries on bottom cake pieces.Top with a spoonful of cream.
- Place cake tops, more berries and cream on top.