Mussels in a Creamy Herb Sauce
- Preparation time
- Baking time
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine
- 1 container (237 mL) 15% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Cooking Cream
- 2 lb (900 g) mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 1 cup (250 mL) mixture of chopped herbs (parsley, tarragon and thyme)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, sweat the shallots and garlic 2 minutes in butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze with the wine and cream and reduce for 2 minutes.
- Add mussels, cover and simmer 5 minutes or until mussels are all open.
- Add herbs and mix well.
- Serve with crusty bread or pasta.