Holiday Fondant (microwave)
- Preparation time
- Chilling time
- Baking time
Around 32 pieces
- 2 cups (500 mL) golden brown sugar
- 1 container (237 mL) 35% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Country Style Cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dark rum
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped pecans
- Butter a large 10 cm x 20 cm (4" x 8") loaf pan.
- In a microwaveable glass measuring cup, stir together cream and brown sugar. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave oven; add butter and pecans and stir well. Microwave on high for 9 minutes.
- Remove from microwave oven and set measuring cup in a dish of cold water. Beat mixture with a spoon until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Turn in to loaf pan and cool. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut in 2.5 cm (1") squares and place on parchment paper in a pretty gift box.