Eggs in Pasta Nests with Cheese Sauce
- Preparation time
- Baking time
- 1 container (237 mL) 15% M.F. Québon Ultra’Cream Cooking Cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 5% M.F. Québon Ultra’Cream Cream & Milk Blend for Coffee
- 4 oz (125 g) orange Britannia cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz (250 g) spaghettini, cooked
- 1 cup (250 mL) julienne strips of vegetables, cooked: carrot, celery, zucchini, red pepper
- 12 small eggs (pee-wee), hard boiled
- In a saucepan, heat the 15% cream and the 5% coffee cream over low heat.
- Add the cheese and stir until it melts. Keep stirring until the sauce is smooth.
- Season, add the Tabasco sauce and the bacon.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pasta until it is completely coated with the sauce.
- Create a pasta nest on each of four plates, leaving an indent in the middle.
- Arrange a quarter of the julienne strips of hot vegetables in each indent, then place three little hard-boiled eggs in the centre of each nest. Serve hot.
- If desired, garnish with fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese.