Cream of Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup
- Preparation time
- Baking time
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 15% M.F. Québon Ultra’cream Cooking Cream
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to broil. Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds and oil lightly. Place on a baking sheet, skin side up. Roast in the upper third of oven for 5 minutes or until the skin blackens. Cool slightly, remove skin, cut into cubes and set aside.
- In a saucepan, soften the onion and garlic in the butter for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the broth, cream, potatoes and red peppers, bring to a boil and simmer over medium-low heat until the potatoes are tender.
- Purée in the blender until smooth. Adjust the seasoning.