Country-Style Souffléed Omelette
- Preparation time
- Chilling time
- Baking time
8 to 12 servings
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 8 slices of lean bacon, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut in cubes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 oz (180 g) cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 eggs
- 1 container (237 mL) 15% M.F. Québon Ultra’Cream Cooking Cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, ground
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
- In a 25 cm (10”) frying pan that go in the oven, melt butter in oil and cook bacon with potatoes, onions and garlic until the onions are lightly browned.
- Add thyme and oregano.
- Season and garnish with cheese.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly whip the eggs and cream together.
- While whipping continually, sprinkle in the baking powder; add the parsley and the cayenne pepper.
- Season and pour the mixture into frying pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the omelette is puffed up, browned on top, and cooked throughout. The omelette will flatten a little when taken from the oven.